Sunday, September 25, 2011

The universe doesn't revolve around me. Neither should MY universe.

I really appreciate how my mentor hears from God so well. He seeks out revelation big time, and gets it. And since he leads my Bible study group, we get to benefit as well. This time, we started out in Haggai, chapter 1. That would be the third from the end of the Old Testament.
Haggai is from during/after the Babylonian captivity, after the temple that Solomon had built was destroyed. They had attempted to rebuild, but had let circumstances and outside influences discourage them, and so had been trying to live their lives as best they could, ignoring the temple. God wasn't happy with that. He wanted them to seek his presence, which at the time was synonymous with the temple, and they weren't. So, God didn't allow them to be successful at their own pursuits. Once they decided to follow his will and seek the Lord, he could bless them again. Now, jumping a few hundred years in the future, Jesus said pretty much the same thing in Matthew 6:33, to seek first the Kingdom, and then everything else will be handled. Money, food, clothes, success, everything that people run after in place of the things of God. It made me realize I have something I'm chasing before the Kingdom.

About a year ago, I was reading in Proverbs and saw a verse I'd never noticed before. Proverbs 24:27 says "Put your outdoor work in order and get your fields ready; after that, build your house." I immediately knew it meant for me to establish my life and purpose before I get married, but I've been stubborn about it ever since, trying to find whoever He has for me rather than just seeking Him and allowing the rest to follow. I could make excuses, but the bottom line is I've been disobeying, and it needs to change. I'm still in the process of figuring out what it means practically, but I do know that it means writing more. I'll explain why (hopefully) in a later post, but I do know this is part of my mission.

This means that I'll probably be posting more, shorter posts on things I pick up from church services, Bible studies, and personal readings. Hopefully the last one will become more and more common as I study more and open myself up to more personal revelation, rather than receiving it from someone else. I realize I have few (if any) subscribers right now, but I'm looking forward to earning more as time goes on.  Until next time, be blessed of the Lord and seek Him always.


I may not have it all figured out, but I do say what I think. If you have any questions about faith in Jesus, don't hesitate to email me. It's my job to help you out. Have an idea for me? Let me know in the comments! If you see any spelling/grammatical errors, PLEASE let me know in a comment. I expect others to use correct English, so I should too. Twitter:@GetItReallyReal Please subscribe and/or share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil. The internet is already full of people who rail at each other over minutiae.