Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Old Woman and Her Offering

Remember when Jesus and His disciples were at the temple, and Jesus watched people putting their offerings in? Everyone remembers that old lady who put in "everything she had to live on," right? I always felt bad, hearing that, because in my heart of hearts I know that it's very unlikely that I'll ever be able to give every penny to my name. But, I just read it again, and realized something. Jesus was not saying we should feel bad for "giving our of our abundance." Jesus only ever built people up. He was even helping the Pharisees, et al, when He berated them. At any rate, He didn't say that the people who were giving from their extra were doing a bad thing, just that the old woman's offering was more than theirs. So don't feel bad if your offering isn't 100% of everything you have. Jesus still loves you. The end.


I may not have it all figured out, but I do say what I think. If you have any questions about faith in Jesus, don't hesitate to email me. It's my job to help you out. Have an idea for me? Let me know in the comments! If you see any spelling/grammatical errors, PLEASE let me know in a comment. I expect others to use correct English, so I should too. Twitter:@GetItReallyReal Please subscribe and/or share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil. The internet is already full of people who rail at each other over minutiae.